Do you grind and clench your teeth while sleeping? If so, night guards may help you! Grinding and clenching your teeth can cause long-term damage that night guards in Ripley, Tennessee, may be able to prevent. Contact Elite Dental Care today at 731-635-5000 to learn more and schedule an appointment with our dentist, Dr. Brien Polk.
Bruxism, or teeth grinding and clenching, is a problem for many people. While grinding and clenching can occur at any time, it is most common at night while you are asleep. Bruxism can have a significant impact on your oral health. Common signs of this condition include:
- Chronic jaw, facial and ear pain
- A tired or tight feeling in the jaw when waking
- Tension headaches and migraines
- Excessive tooth wear, including worn tooth enamel that exposes the inner layers of the teeth
- Broken, chipped, flattened or cracked teeth
- Indentations on the side of the tongue
- Tooth sensitivity
One of the treatments our dentist may recommend to manage bruxism and help protect your teeth and smile is a custom night guard. This oral appliance is designed to fit your mouth comfortably, working to protect your teeth from damage while you sleep.
Give us a call today to find out more about night guards and schedule your appointment with our skilled dentist!
|Monday||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|